Copyright © 2017-2019 The Olive Tree S.A.L. All rights reserved.
arab.org is not a charity but is owned & operated by a commercial enterprise with a social mandate and is based in Lebanon by the name of The Olive Tree S.A.L. offering services for the common good.
The Olive Tree S.A.L.
Museum Street, Badaro 4916 building, 5th floor
P.O.Box: 50-110 Beirut, Lebanon
Unauthorized usage and Duplication Prohibited.
You may not mirror, modify or otherwise alter any files in this website for rebroadcast, or print the information contained therein, without written permission from The Olive Tree S.A.L.
Other products and organizations referred to within the website are trademarks, service or registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holders.
- Terms of Service
- Logo usage
- Copyright Infringement
- Fraud Warning
- About our Ads
- Accessibility Statement
NO SOLICITATION OR ADVICE
None of the information contained in the publicly available portions of the Site constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities, options or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. The information contained in the Site has been prepared without reference to any particular User’s investment requirements or financial situation. The information and services provided on the Site are not provided to, and may not be used by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the provision or use thereof would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or where arab.org is not authorized to provide such information or services. Some products and services described on the Site may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients. You acknowledge that you are not relying on arab.org or any of its affiliates, officers, directors, partners, agents or employees in making an investment decision. Always consider seeking the advice of a qualified professional before making decisions regarding your business and/or investments. arab.org does not endorse any investments and shall not be responsible in any way for any transactions you enter into with other Users. You agree that arab.org and its affiliates, officers, directors, partners, agents or employees will not be liable for any loss or damages of any sort incurred as a result of any interactions between you and other users.
Unauthorized use of the Site and our Service, including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into our systems, the misuse or sharing of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service. You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to the Site that are contrary to applicable laws or regulations. You may be liable for any losses incurred by arab.org or others due to any unauthorized use of your account. You further agree that you are responsible for any unauthorized use of your password that is made before you have notified us and we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on that notice. arab.org reserves the right at its discretion to suspend or cancel your account and/or password, even without receiving such notice from you, if we suspect that it is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and agree to promptly report any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account, contact us. You may also be liable for any losses incurred by arab.org or others due to any unauthorized use of your account. Unauthorized scanning of vulnerabilities and exploitation of the same is strictly prohibited. If you have been found to do so, we may bring Civil and/or Criminal action and/or legal proceedings against you which shall be entirely at your costs and consequences.
If you create an account and become a Registered Member of the Service, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted at registration (“Account Information”); (ii) maintain the security of your password and identification; (iii) maintain and promptly update your Account Information, and any other information that you provide to arab.org, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (iv) accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account Information and any other information you provide to arab.org. Please do not reveal your Account information to anyone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you must agree to immediately notify arab.org of any security breach of your Account. arab.org shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your arab.org account.
The Site and the Service are and contain proprietary property/content of arab.org (such as logos, copyrights, trademarks, technology, processes, etc.) (“arab.org Proprietary Property”) which may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. arab.org owns and retains all rights in and to the arab.org Proprietary Property. arab.org hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to display and/or utilize the arab.org Proprietary Property solely for your use in connection with using the Site and the Service for the purposes authorized by this Agreement. Except as explicitly permitted in this Agreement or unless you have received express, prior written permission from arab.org or the otherwise applicable rights holder, you do not have the right to use the arab.org Proprietary Property for any commercial use or to receive any monetary or other compensation in connection with the arab.org Proprietary Property. Except as expressly provided by this Agreement, your use of the arab.org Proprietary Property is strictly prohibited. The Site or Service may contain proprietary property/content provided by third party arab.org licensors (such as logos, copyrights, trademarks, etc.) (“Third Party Proprietary Property”). arab.org hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable license to display and/or utilize the Third Party Proprietary Property solely for your use in connection with using the Site and the Service for purposes authorized by this Agreement. You do not have the right to use the Third Party Proprietary Property for any commercial use or to receive any monetary or other compensation in connection with the Third Party Proprietary Property. Except as expressly provided by this Agreement, your use of the Third Party Proprietary Property is strictly prohibited. Unless expressly provided by this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, edit, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use any arab.org Proprietary Property, any Third Party Proprietary Property or any other content appearing on or through the Site. You acknowledge that arab.org is not responsible for, does not control and makes no representation or warranty regarding the reliability, accuracy, usefulness, safety, legitimacy or quality of any content. arab.org does not endorse any content on the Site or any statement, opinion, suggestion or advice contained therein, and arab.org expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection therewith. You agree that you will bear any and all risk of reliance on the accuracy, validity or legitimacy of any content on the Site. You further understand and agree that in the course of your use of the Site and the Service, you may be exposed to content from a variety of sources, that is illegal, inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable and you hereby waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against arab.org with respect thereto.
The Service may allow you and other Users to submit, post, transmit and share content with other users, which may include, without limitation, personal and representative profiles and information sheets on certain private companies or other issuers, streaming feeds articles, documents, brochures, presentations, pictures, images, audiovisual works, other information materials and any user comments or other unedited or third party content submitted by you and other Users on or through the Services (collectively, “User Content”). With respect to such User Content submitted by you or any other Users of the Site or Service, you represent, warrant and affirm as follows:
- User Content is made available on or through the Service for informational purposes only and is not otherwise controlled by arab.org. You understand that arab.org does not guarantee any accuracy or confidentiality with respect to any such User Content, and strongly recommends that you think carefully about what you transmit, submit or post to or through the Service.
- User Content you submit to the Service or arab.org’s or any arab.org licensee’s use of such User Content pursuant to these Terms, will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations (including, without limitation, United States federal and state securities or blue sky laws or regulations, securities exchange or self-regulatory organization’s rules or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions); or (iii) require obtaining a license from or paying any fees and/or royalties by arab.org to any third party for the performance of any services you have chosen to be performed by arab.org or for the exercise of any rights granted in these Terms, unless you and arab.org otherwise agree.
- All User Content and any information contained in such User Content are the sole responsibility of the person(s) who originated such User Content. This means that you, and not arab.org, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Service as well as any consequences of submitting and publishing your User Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish User Content you submit; and you license to arab.org all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such User Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms.
- By submitting User Content to arab.org, you hereby grant arab.org and its affiliates, sublicensees, partners, designees, and assignees a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Service and arab.org’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promotion and redistribution of part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms. The above licenses granted by you in User Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that arab.org may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your User Content that has been removed or deleted.
- You may be exposed to User Content that is, without limitation, inaccurate, inappropriate, misleading, unlawful, offensive or otherwise objectionable and arab.org makes no representations or warranties regarding any User Content, is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, or intellectual property rights of or relating to any User Content and does not endorse any User Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, as well as any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein and all such content is offered “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”.
JOBS SITE (jobs.arab.org)
- arab.org is not and may not be involved in any means in any transaction between the Employers and the Job Seekers.
- arab.org has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs, resumes or other material posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of Employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. arab.org makes no representation about the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any job application and cannot be responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material placed by the job-seekers on the Jobs Site.
- arab.org is not responsible for any employment decision regarding Job Seekers posting CVs on the Jobs Site.
- arab.org does not warrant that the Jobs Site will operate error-free or that the Jobs Site and its server (or any software and materials accessible through the Jobs Site) shall remain free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. It is agreed between the Parties that if the use of the Jobs Site results in the need for arab.org for servicing or replacing equipment or data related to and/or on its web site (s), arab.org shall not be responsible for those costs. Any hardware or software in arab.org’s facility that needs repair or replacement will be the responsibility of Arab.org alone. arab.org makes no further warranties about the accuracy of the software, texts, graphics, and links used in relation with and/or on the Jobs Site.
- In no event shall arab.org be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of or in any way connected to the use or inability to use the Jobs Sites (or any linked sites) and the material or for any information, software, products and services through the Jobs Sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not arab.org is advised of the possibility of such damages.
arab.org does not permit infringement of intellectual property rights on the Site or Service, and arab.org will remove copyright infringing activities or related User Content if arab.org is properly notified that such User Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that any material on the Site violates this Agreement or your intellectual property rights, please notify arab.org as soon as possible by contacting us with the following information : (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for arab.org to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS
The Site and/or Service may allow you to correspond or otherwise interact with other Users who may provide you with investments, investment information, advice, services and/or events, or provide you with other information about various companies or organizations. You acknowledge that such other Users are not affiliated with or controlled by arab.org or its affiliates, and arab.org cannot influence the investments, information, advice or services provided by them. Your correspondence or interaction with other Users is solely between you and such other Users. You agree that arab.org and its affiliates will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any interactions between you and other Users. Furthermore, if you provide any investments, information, advice or services to other Users through the Services, you acknowledge that you are not affiliated with, or controlled or influenced in any way by, arab.org or its affiliates. If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you irrevocably and forever release arab.org (and arab.org’s affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
USE OF LINKS
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
arab.org reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and without any prior notice to you, to modify, correct or replace any of the terms of this Agreement. Your use of the Site and Service is governed by the then current version of the Agreement in effect on the date of such use. By using and accessing the Service, you acknowledge and agree to review the then current version of the Agreement prior to each such use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the resolution of any dispute that arises between you and arab.org will be governed by the Terms in effect at the time the events giving rise to such dispute occurred. arab.org also reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion and without any prior notice to you, to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database or content) at any time. Such modification shall become a part of this Agreement and is automatically effective once posted on the Site. This Agreement may not be orally amended. arab.org may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to all or a part of the Service without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
arab.org may, now or in the future, charge fees for the use of the Service or certain features thereof. You agree to pay to arab.org all applicable fees for the services purchased on or through the Site or Service under your account at the then-current rates for such services (including any applicable taxes). Service fees will be billed at the time you purchase any applicable services. Unless otherwise communicated to you by arab.org in writing, all fees and charges are nonrefundable. arab.org may change the fees for the use of the Service, or any service or feature provided thereon, or add new fees or charges, at any time. For any change in fees for services purchased under your account, arab.org will send you a notice of such change in advance of such change (via email or a message posted on the Site).
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR FEATURES MADE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED BY ARAB.ORG, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ARAB.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COMPLIANCE WITH LEBANESE LAWS OR REGULATIONS, SECURITIES EXCHANGE OR SELF-REGULATORY ORGANIZATION’S RULES OR REGULATIONS, AND EQUIVALENT LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN FOREIGN JURISDICTIONS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY. ARAB.ORG HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND NO DUTY TO TAKE ANY ACTION REGARDING AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE. ARAB.ORG DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES AND ARAB.ORG WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. ARAB.ORG AND ITS AFFILIATES HAVE NO SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH OR FIDUCIARY DUTY TO YOU AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE MERITS AND RISKS OF ANY INVESTMENTS MADE BY USING OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. ARAB.ORG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THAT ANY INVESTOR OR USER IS A QUALIFIED INVESTOR BEYOND REVIEWING INFORMATION SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO ARAB.ORG. ARAB.ORG DOES NOT RECOMMEND ANY INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES SPECIFICALLY TO OR FOR ANY USER OR ENDORSE THEIR SUITABILITY FOR INVESTMENT BY ANY SPECIFIC USER. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL ARAB.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY: LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING); ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES TO WHICH YOU ARE EXPOSED BY USING OUR SERVICE. ARAB.ORG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, SAFETY, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OR RELATING TO SUCH CONTENT; DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES; UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; LOSSES CAUSED BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MAY BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSSES OF ARAB.ORG OR OTHERS DUE TO SUCH UNAUTHORIZED USE; INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY ALSO APPLIES WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED ON ANY LINKED SITES OR OTHERWISE BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN ARAB.ORG AND RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITES. IN NO EVENT WILL ARAB.ORG’ OR ITS AFFILIATES’, CONTRACTORS’, EMPLOYEES’, AGENTS’, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS’ OR SUPPLIERS’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR INTERACTION WITH OTHER USERS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF the SERVICE OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, ARAB.ORG’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Site, Service or any content thereon is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION This Agreement (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates. By your agreement to the Terms and your use of the arab.org’s Service, you agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in the United Arab Emirates for all purposes, and you agree to waive, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any right to a trial by jury for any matter. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by you and arab.org, any dispute arising out of or relating to the Terms, or any breach thereof, shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration administered by an arbitration body as required by law, rule or regulation, and final judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitration will be conducted in the Arabic language before a single arbitrator in the United Arab Emirates. Such arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Judgment on any award entered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either arab.org or you may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief without breach of this arbitration provision. Any cause of action arising out of or related to the Service, and all products and services offered via the arab.org Site or Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. You acknowledge and agree that you may bring claims against arab.org only in an individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY AND NOTICE POLICY
Accessibility is the word used to describe whether a product (for example, a website, mobile site, digital TV interface or application) can be used by people of all abilities and disabilities. For instance, a website is accessible if all people, including disabled and elderly people, can use it. At arab.org, we aim to ensure that all of our products are informative and entertaining to use as well as being accessible – this is called usability. Future enhancement will ensure our accessibility policy takes into account all inaccessibility factors wherever possible. We will further ensure best practice for making web pages through our future accessibility standards and guidelines.
All material and information, which appears in our communications, including but not limited to our newsletters, are presented for informational purposes only. The Olive Tree S.A.L. and arab.org present all data as is, without any warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on any of the information obtained through our communications.
We respect your privacy
So much so, that we are one of the few services whose site is only accessible on https rather than http. At arab.org we take your privacy seriously and do our best to protect it. We are required by law to request certain information in order to perform our services for you, but we are committed to protecting your Personal Information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us through the Site or Services, we may collect and process Personal Information and other information from you, as further described below: Personal Information That You Provide Through the Site. We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide such information such as when you:
- register for access to the Services (for example, contact information such as your name, job title, email address, phone number, mailing address or any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers);
- complete certain forms on the Site;
- upload or submit any material through the Site,
- request any information or contact us with inquiries; or
- wish to use certain Services (for example financial information such as bank account numbers, your Date of Birth and the last 4 digits of your national identification number).
- browser type;
- IP address;
- language preference;
- cookies; domain servers;
- URL traffic to, through and from the Site;
- types of computers and operating systems accessing the Site;
- statistical information about behavior of visitors/users to the Site; and
- any other web site usage information that we may collect when you visit the Site.
- for internal record keeping
- to improve user experience,
- to customize content for our Users in order to make the Site simpler to use,
- to help us identify any other issues with respect to the Services or the use of the Site or Services.
- to communicate with you regarding the Services.
If you object to our collection or storage of any User Information mentioned above (and any additional information we may choose to gather) you should not use the Site. arab.org often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Information and other information provided to Arab.org by Issuers and Users. arab.org may also disclose aggregated Users statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. Below are basic privacy principles that we adhere to. These principles include the following list of policies:
- We don’t ask you for personal or financial information unless we need it.
- We don’t share your Personal Information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
- We will send you emails relating to specific transactions using the email address you have provided but will keep these emails to a minimum.
- We will maintain appropriate security standards and procedures to protect your information.
- We will respect the trust you place in us and the confidential nature of the information you provide through your financial relationship with us.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- present projects or opportunities to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- notify an Issuer of your interest in the event you indicate an interest in making an investment with the Issuer through the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services;
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information
Also, if you provide Personal Information in order to obtain access to the Services, we will use your Personal Information to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services. We also may obtain information about you from third party sources to verify your identity so we can properly process your requests and prevent fraud.
Regarding email contact with and from arab.org to the email address you provided to us, please keep in mind the following:
- we will send you email relating to your personal transactions but will keep these emails to a minimum;
- you will receive certain email notifications (forwarded messages, etc.) for which you may opt-out;
- we may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary or proper to do so;
- if you email us directly, we may email you back and keep records of all correspondence; and
- we may send you emails from time to time letting you know about special promotions, featured investments and other Arab.org news. It is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain a current email address with arab.org and notify us if there are any changes.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
arab.org restricts the sharing of your Personal Information and strives to keep your Personal Information private and confidential. We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any unaffiliated third party for any reason, except as follows:
- We may disclose your Personal Information when such disclosure is required or appropriate pursuant to laws, court orders or securities regulations, including responding to court orders and subpoenas, cooperating with government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, performing background checks, resolving disputes or performing risk-management functions.
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage third parties to help us carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, client services or other data collection relevant to our business.
- In the event you indicate an interest in making an investment through our Site, we will notify the Issuer of your interest and will provide your personal information to the Issuer.
- We may make certain automatically collected information about your interactions and activities on the Services, such as the business or investment areas of interest to you or you have invested in, and your past activities, projects or proposals, publicly available on or through the Services. Any such publicly available information will be accessible by other Users.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets and you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
SAFEGUARDING USER INFORMATION
The Security of your User Information is important to us, and we take commercially reasonable steps to safeguard such information. These steps and procedural safeguards are in line with industry standards and practices and include:
- Encryption and authentication tools to maintain the confidentiality of User Information including secure socket layer technology (SSL);
- Limits on, to the greatest extent possible, who or what can access your User Information; and
However, despite these efforts, please note that arab.org cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your User Information nor do we make any representation or warranty regarding the security of your account. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on or through the Site and the Services in the event of a security breach. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
You are solely responsible for helping us to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information. We urge you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete. If you believe that any of your information is incorrect, please contact us. You may, of course, decline to share any or all of your Personal Information with us or ask us to delete your Personal Information from our systems at any time, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through the Site and the Services. We will retain your User Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may modify or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us by logging in and updating your account. We may, however, retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
Please keep in mind that any information you post on portions of the Site or Services that are open to the public, including but not limited to our blog, will be public information available to anyone. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. Accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information, which you provide to them, and you should use caution in selecting the Personal Information you provide to others through the Site or Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any Personal Information or other information which you receive from other users through the Site or Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any Personal Information or other information which you may receive using the Site or Services. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the Personal Information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such Personal Information or other information of others.
To request removal of your personal information from these publicly accessible areas, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information and we will let you know if this is the case and why.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available.
The material on our site is given for general information only and does not constitute professional advice. You should take specific advice before taking a course of action as we do not accept directly or indirectly any responsibility for loss arising directly or indirectly from reliance on information on this site. Given that the Internet uses an open system we cannot warrant that the site and downloads reach you virus-free. You must, therefore, take all appropriate precautions for your own safety.
I. LIMITED PERMITTED USES
Subject always to the Use Requirements and the Restrictions on Use set forth herein, the Marks may be used in the following cases only:
(a) Personal, Non-Commercial Use: The Marks may be used on a non-exclusive basis for personal, non-commercial purposes only. The permission granted herein is non-transferable nor assignable to any person and/or entity. Title to and all rights of ownership in the Marks shall remain with The Olive Tree S.A.L. at all times. All reasonable steps shall be taken to ensure that the Marks shall only be used for those purposes set forth herein and that no unauthorized use of the Marks shall be permitted.
Other than as set out above, the Marks may not be used for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
II. USE REQUIREMENTS
(a) Brand Guidelines. The Marks shall only be used in strict accordance with the guidelines as provided by The Olive Tree S.A.L. For any questions or clarifications with respect to proper applications of the guidelines, see here.
(b) Attribution. The following statement shall appear on any medium where the Marks are used: The arab.org logo is a registered trademark of The Olive Tree S.A.L. (in Lebanon, IP certificate #179291).
III. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
(a) No Commercial Use. The Marks shall not be used in any manner for direct or indirect commercial gain without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(b) No Merchandising. The Marks shall not be used on any merchandised items such as t-shirts, mugs, souvenirs, cards, and/or other manufactured goods without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(c) No Advertisements. Unless otherwise provided herein, the Marks shall not be used in any advertising or marketing materials whatsoever without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(d) No Disparagement. The Marks shall not be used and/or reproduced in any manner which will or is likely to damage or bring into disrepute the good name, image and reputation of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(e) Public Sensitivities. The Marks shall not be used in any manner which is will or is likely to cause association with any material and/or content which is politically sensitive, inconsistent with known laws and public policies.
(f) Protection of Rights. The Marks shall not be used in any manner which might adversely affect the rights of The Olive Tree S.A.L. in or to the Marks or the value of the Marks or otherwise be prejudicial to The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(g) No Endorsement or Association. The Marks shall not be used in a manner which implies association with or endorsement by The Olive Tree S.A.L. of any company, product or service without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
(h) No Alteration. The Marks shall not be altered, cropped, re-touched, edited and/or transformed in any manner whatsoever. No derivative Marks may be created which include and/or are based upon the Marks without the prior written consent of The Olive Tree S.A.L.
The Olive Tree S.A.L. reserves all rights with respect to the Marks not mentioned herein, and shall have the right to fully restrict the use of the Marks and/or place additional restrictions with respect to the use of the Marks on a case by case basis.
IV. The Olive Tree S.A.L. Rights
(a) Right to Inspect. The Olive Tree S.A.L. shall have the right to inspect each use of the Marks, and, at its sole discretion, require modification and/or immediate removal of the Marks from any materials (whether in digital form and/or printed media).
(b) Cease and Desist. The Olive Tree S.A.L. may, at any time, require that you immediately cease all further use of the Marks, and at The Olive Tree S.A.L.’s option, return to The Olive Tree S.A.L. or destroy or delete all materials bearing the Marks, or, at The Olive Tree S.A.L. option, take all reasonable measures to ensure the removal of the Marks and any copies of the Marks in circulation. Upon such notice, any rights to the Marks granted hereunder shall immediately cease and without further act or instrument revert to The Olive Tree S.A.L.
The Olive Tree S.A.L. and arab.org respect the intellectual property rights of others and expects its players and the users of its services to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied or used in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify notify us as set forth below.
Please be aware that to be effective, your copyright infringement notification must comply with local laws and/or the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). You are encouraged to review 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3) of the DMCA or consult with an attorney prior to sending a notice hereunder. To file a copyright infringement notice, you will need to send a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
Please send your copyright infringement notice to the attention of The Olive Tree’s Copyright Agent as follows:
The Olive Tree S.A.L. C/O Law Office of Farid H. El Khoury 211 Kazanjian Center- Horsh Tabet P.O. Box 2345/116 Palace of Justice Beirut, Lebanon
+961 1 510989
Please note that local laws and the DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney fees) if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
Please also note that the information provided in your copyright infringement notice may be provided to the person responsible for the allegedly infringing material.
Fraud is very real and rampant on the internet these days. So if you feel you’ve been contacted by someone other than an arab.org employee; here are some things to look for.
All arab.org employees have email accounts that look like this: email@example.com. If the email address does not include @arab.org, it is NOT from a arab.org employee.
If you’ve been contacted by phone from someone claiming to be an arab.org employee and you would like to confirm that they work for us please contact us.
What Kind of Ads Can I Expect to See?
Our site sponsors are partners in our mission to connect people to the charitable causes we support worldwide. When you visit any of our websites and press the click-to-donate button, you’re taken to a Thank You page where you’re shown small ads placed by sponsors who specifically support our company mission. We tabulate the number of people who view each ad and bill the sponsor for each ad impression. We give 100% of sponsor advertising fees from these ads to our charitable partners.
You’re probably already familiar with ads from networks such as Google AdSense which appear all over the internet. Anytime you see an ad on one of our sites with a triangle icon and the words “AdChoices,” you’ll know the ad originates from Google AdSense or another network ad partner. These dynamic ads are specifically chosen by our network partners to be of interest to you. arab.org does not select which network ads appear on our websites.
What to do if you see an offensive ad:
We do not accept advertising for gambling, animal breeders, pornography, liquor, firearms, or tobacco products. We do not accept ads we believe to be deceptive, ads from spammers, politically charged and biased ads, or ads inappropriate to our mission. However, we do run network ads, and while we try to block ads that violate our standards, some ads are not screened before they run and in the unlikely event that there may be occasions when inappropriate ads appear, if so please click on Report Ad link below the ad, to immediately notify us.
The alternative way to help us block an inappropriate ad is to send the URL and a screenshot of the ad to this link. You can right-click the ad to copy the URL, and you can use the “snipping tool” in Windows or command+shift+4 on a Mac to activate a selection tool that will create a screenshot. With this information, we will be much better equipped to find the offending advertiser among the many legitimate ads that appear, and block it from our sites. We genuinely appreciate your help, and value your feedback.
Thank you for your interest in arab.org and our efforts to make the world a better place through charitable giving. If you have further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
arab.org by The Olive Tree SAL strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. arab.org has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on arab.org
Big Think makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows arab.org to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 & above).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the bottom corner of the pages. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
arab.org continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on arab.org fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.