The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture is an independent Arab initiative established in 2007. AFAC funds individuals and organizations in the fields of cinema, performing arts, literature, music and visual arts, while facilitating cultural exchange and cooperation across the Arab world and globally.
Vision & Mission
AFAC envisions a thriving Arab art and cultural scene that is confident in its expression, open to dialogue, accessible to all, and sustained locally by committed patrons. AFAC will play a leading role in achieving this vision and serve as a catalyst for homegrown philanthropic initiatives across the Arab world, by listening to and engaging with artists and cultural practitioners, analyzing and assessing their needs, facilitating cooperation and exchange, identifying and educating patrons on the social impact of arts and culture, advising stakeholders on necessary interventions, and supporting projects with direct independent funding. Two fundamental principles guiding AFAC's operations are transparency in the grant giving process and independence through a diversity of funding sources.
- increase and enhance cultural production and research
- support capacity-building and training
- perpetuate cultural exchange and collaboration across the Arab region and globally
- deliver a sustainable source of funding for independent cultural work
- identify and develop distribution channels for Arab cultural works